You’ve made the decision to change your life and begin recovery. Now the real work begins: sifting through the many complex options and providers to find a recovery center that will work for you. It’s not just a question of which programs will take your insurance and cost the least; this is a pivotal moment in your journey towards a better life, and you need to consider all the angles carefully.
Next Wind Recovery’s team members are pros at providing easily accessible treatment for recovery from substance use disorders, but we want you to be well informed even if you don’t choose us. Take some time to look over our breakdown of some of the more important factors to consider when looking into programs. You need to find something that will fit well with your employment, lifestyle, and the type of challenge you will face during detox.
Will Treatment Work With Your Schedule?
Scheduling is key to your success at any recovery center. You will be in a delicate place emotionally, and you do not want to relapse because you missed too many therapy sessions or didn’t hear critical information from another client in group therapy that may have saved you. That means care providers can’t compromise on schedule. It has to work for you and your family. Before you do any further research, you need to make sure that the schedule won’t leave you without a chance to make every appointment the recovery center professionals have prescribed for you. This is basic housekeeping along with insurance coverage and distance from your job or home.
Matching Your Profile
The kind of center you choose will depend heavily on your specific story. Here are some key points to consider in your search:
- Inpatient or outpatient – This is a basic choice for all programs. Will you check-in and stay at the facility full-time, or will it be an outpatient program that allows you to continue working and seeing family? If you want minimal disruption to your life and a lower cost, outpatient might be your best choice.
- Your particular substance(s) – There are chemical and biological differences between the way drugs will affect you during withdrawal. It is good to call the center and speak to one of their professionals about which drugs the center has experience with and whether your substance use challenges will be given excellent attention. This kind of information will also determine how long your program will be.
- Will you have the option of online sessions? – This may be important to you if COVID-19 shutdowns or other disruptions are a strong possibility.
- Philosophy – What are the guiding principles and practices of the recovery center? Do they appeal to you, or do they sound abstract? You want to choose a program with a unifying belief that ties their community together, such as Next Wind’s commitment to the core value of community support.
At Next Wind Recovery, we foster healthy interaction between our professional therapists and our clients, as well as bonding between you and other clients. This is the core of your path to a successful detox. We will focus on you and craft solutions that cater to your individual needs. This might mean medication-assisted treatment, designed to keep you healthy and functional during detox. It may also mean enrolling in our intensive outpatient program (IOP), which includes:
- Flexible scheduling to fit your life – This choice offers our clients an excellent combination of flexibility and intensive professional support and guidance. Recovery is built around community. A critical part of your recovery journey is learning to engage with the people in your life again. We want you to not only be happy but to flourish and feel needed.
- Focused individual therapy – This is where you will dive deep to untangle all the causes and triggers of your addiction. Our addiction professionals are knowledgeable and empathetic; they want you to reach for (and hold on to!) your happiness in recovery.
- Group therapy – You’ll meet others that are going through the same challenges that you are. Here, a network of your peers understands and cares about your journey to recovery.
Contact Next Wind Recovery Today
You’ve done something incredibly brave by admitting you can’t overcome your addiction alone. Don’t stop now, reach out to Next Wind Recovery and let us welcome you into a new life. If you aren’t sure how addiction recovery will work in your life, have a look at our programs. Or better yet, call one of our caring professionals today at 201.331.6569, or contact us online.