As another year has passed, close to 3,000 New Jersey residents have died from an opioid overdose. The national tragedy of the opioid epidemic has become an entrenched part of life in New Jersey, magnified by the isolation of the COVID-19 pandemic.
But this is only one part of a larger picture that includes alcohol and other drug-related fatalities and everyday people struggling with substance use disorders. The community-wide context of addiction in New Jersey includes people who may have become dependent on prescribed medications or remain “functionally” dependent on alcohol, creating an ever-increasing need for New Jersey Addiction treatment centers to help people reclaim their lives.
The good news is that the state of New Jersey has recently identified recovery as a critical resource in the effort to stop the tide of addiction and has committed itself to support state-wide programs to expand access to substance addiction treatment and life-saving medications.
What Addiction Looks Like in New Jersey
Ever since fentanyl analogs showed up on drug-related death counts in 2016, a number of other factors have been impacted dramatically year after year. These include:
- New Jersey became the state with the highest percentage of adolescents who report buying, selling, or being offered drugs at school
- The region attracting some of the cheapest heroin in the United States, with bags going for five dollars
- Opioid prescriptions reaching levels that mean one per every New Jersey citizen
- Over 40% of clients in rehab programs relapsing and then re-entering treatment within one year
Registered rehabilitation healthcare providers in the state must constantly work to anticipate the community’s changing needs and remain on the leading edge of substance addiction treatment research.
Next Wind Recovery in New Jersey Is Ahead of the Curve
The team of doctors and medical professionals at Next Wind Recovery have not shied away from the dire addiction statistics that continue to fight for headlines in New Jersey. We believe that in order to perform our role as a critical resource to the community, we must adapt our programs to use the best elements of current medical research on substance use treatments.
This is especially true of our personalized outpatient treatments for alcohol and opioids, two of the most prolific killers in the state. These drugs can require doctor-supervised use of special medications to combat dangerous chemical withdrawal symptoms and ongoing outpatient therapy.
The Intensive outpatient program (IOP) clients at Next Wind Recovery are treated as whole people, not just the substance use disorders they suffer from. In our IOP, you can expect:
- Intensive and personalized individual therapy – Unpacking all the complex factors that have led to your dependence on a particular substance requires well-trained, empathetic counselors that are willing to follow every clue and lead. This is your chance to see your life with greater clarity and compassion.
- Supportive group therapy – Our therapists guide you and your peers through honest discussions that not only take away your isolation and shame but provide you with an excellent support network that will support your lasting treatment. You might be surprised by the kinds of practical, real-life strategies that our clients learn from each other.
- A personalized schedule that is made to fit your life – We want you to recover with the least possible disruption to your family life and employment. Our outpatient addiction treatment programs are designed to give you comprehensive, intensive care without having to turn your life upside down. Keeping you in regular contact with friends and family will also give you the opportunity to practice new communication skills and strategies as you learn them.
Call Next Wind Recovery and Take the Next Step
No one who truly understands the nature of addiction would ever expect you to pull yourself out of chemical dependence by yourself. Next Wind Recovery makes positive connections with peers and professionals a central part of your treatment. We believe that our clients deserve support that leads to permanent freedom from the painful cycle of dependence and relapse.
Call us today at 201.331.6569 and ask about anything that may still worry you about the recovery process or just to hear more details about your options. Take control of your life and learn about Addiction treatments that will give you and your family a solid future.