Like many mental health issues, depression is a complex spectrum of emotions and behaviors that vary from person to person. Depression treatment in NJ is essential in fighting this epidemic. Contrary to popular belief, depression is not just extreme sadness and inaction. You may be experiencing a variety of feelings and conditions that are all part of depression. Some forms that clinical depression can take are:
- Seasonal patterns related to sunlight
- Anxious distress over possible futures and the loss of personal control
- Melancholic features mixed with guilt and agitation triggered by activities that you used to enjoy
- Psychotic features like delusions and hallucinations are linked to feelings of inadequacy or despair
It can be hard to admit that you are suffering from something more than just a rough patch of the blues and that you are going to need help to reconnect with life.
Luckily the research into effective treatment of depression is extensive. There are many evidence-based tools and strategies that have been shown to work over decades of trials, giving doctors and professional therapists a large toolbox of options. But in order for these tools to work for you, depression treatment has to be well-managed and customized.
Excellent Depression Treatment in New Jersey
A good depression therapy program should not interrupt your life, and it must be easy to access. If you’ve been trying to find a comprehensive program that fits your needs close to home, then you should consider Next Wind Recovery’s world-class treatment center here in Englewood, New Jersey.
The professional team at Next Wind Recovery follows current research closely. Right now, the most effective programs for treating depression are a carefully managed combination of medication and intensive therapy. Neither is fully effective on its own, and the way they are used together must be designed specifically for the individual client. This is because:
- There are many different classes of antidepressants that have unique chemical interactions with the brain – Finding the right one takes patience and careful oversight by a professional. You may have to try a few different types of medications or combinations of them. This can take time as they don’t take effect immediately, and the client has to be monitored for side effects when ramping down between medications.
- Psychiatric evaluation may reveal other mental health conditions – Depression can sometimes be a symptom of other disorders such as bipolar and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). This may mean that different medications must be prescribed, and the nature of therapy has to be adapted.
- There is a risk of dangerous side-effects from antidepressants – You may not realize that the medication is actually causing an altered emotional state. In some cases, it can seem contradictory, such as suicidal ideation and crushing despair. Good treatment means diligent therapists and doctors who know the right questions to ask.
- Depression is often linked with substance use disorders – Many people turn to substances that ease the symptoms of depression and become dependent on them. Addiction will magnify the symptoms of depression over time, and it takes professional oversight to plan a safe detox plan that includes the right therapy.
Next Wind Recovery Offers High-Quality Depression Treatment
You shouldn’t have to stress about how treatment for depression is going to fit in your already complex life. We know it takes care and attention to create the right recovery plan, and we’re experts at managing the details for you. Our team uses a number of different therapeutic tools like:
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Motivational interviewing
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- EMDR therapy
Combined with the right medication, these techniques can pull you out of depression and keep you above water.
Call Us Today and Learn How to Start Your Healing Journey
You are right to have questions, so contact us at 201.331.6569 so we can explain how a treatment plan can start working for you today. You don’t have to suffer in silence anymore. Next Wind Recovery can bring you back to a life that lets you thrive.