You have already done the hard work to detox and take the first steps in your fight against addiction, but now what? It feels scary, especially when we are still living with the COVID-19 pandemic. You may be unsure whether it is safe to proceed with a recovery program, as so many restrictions are in place these days to protect us from the coronavirus. You have questions about safety, sanitation, and whether or not it would even be worth it to try moving forward with this during the unprecedented challenges that we as a community are facing.
It’s normal to be scared, and it’s important to remember that you aren’t alone. We are all in this together, working hard to have come this far, and it is important to build upon what we’ve achieved already so that we can remain healthy in the years to come. That’s why Next Wind Recovery is here to answer some of your questions and help you decide if you will join us as a client for your next steps towards healing.
Our intensive outpatient program (IOP) is structured to accommodate your other responsibilities in life, allowing a range of services with flexible requirements.
Why Should I Try an IOP During the COVID-19 Pandemic?
At Next Wind Recovery, we value your health from a truly holistic perspective, which means that we prioritize keeping you safe from COVID-19 while still maintaining a high quality of care and services for our clients, which include:
- Group therapy – Attending small group therapy will strengthen your ability to feel confident and at ease when it’s time to return to your employment for full-time work again.
- Structure and self-care – As the COVID-19 pandemic takes its toll on us all, it is important to make time to care for yourself, as well as maintain a sense of structure in your life. At Next Wind Recovery, we want to help you cultivate these habits in your life as you move forward into a better future.
- Medication-assisted treatment – Next Wind Recovery understands that healing is not linear and it does not look the same for everyone. If you need medical assistance to manage cravings or withdrawal symptoms, we can help.
Although the road ahead may look unclear, it is easier to visualize and believe when you get help. You have already made the first steps to recovery; don’t let the COVID-19 pandemic stop you in your tracks or send you backward into addiction.
What Can I Do To Stay COVID-Safe in an IOP?
An intensive outpatient program is designed to be flexible, so you are free to play it safe and take it slow, go for fewer days a week and fewer hours at a time.
- An IOP consists of small group therapy sessions, as well as a weekly individual therapy session; group sizes are not more than 10 people at a time.
- Wear personal protective equipment during in-person interactions at the facility, and wash or sanitize your hands frequently throughout your time in the program.
- If you are not feeling well or suspect you have COVID-19, seek medical care for that first. We will still be here when you feel better.
Please do not hesitate to reach out to Next Wind Recovery staff through our online inquiry form here or call us at 201.331.6569.
Contact Next Wind Recovery Today
Whether you’re ready for the next step in your career or you’re looking to heal relationships with family and friends, Next Wind Recovery understands that this last year has been difficult for us all, and we want to support you. Even though your journey may be unique, we are here to help you get through these hard times together. Start recovery today and contact us by reaching out online or calling 201.331.6569, or contact us online.