Detox is the process of allowing the body to safely remove the toxins from drugs and alcohol from the system. It takes some time. During that time, a person may experience withdrawal symptoms and cravings. Fortunately, outpatient detox can help alleviate these uncomfortable experiences and create an opportunity for the body to remove the substances safely. For those looking for outpatient detox in New Jersey, reach out to Next Wind Recovery to find out how we can help you.
What Is Outpatient Detox?
Outpatient detox allows you to use medications and psychotherapy to work through the withdrawal symptoms and cravings. You’ll feel better and more capable of not needing to use these substances. The key difference in this form of detox is a person does not have to remain in a treatment facility.
What Are the Benefits of Outpatient Detox?
There is a range of potential benefits when a person uses drug detox. Those include:
- Living at home: For those who have a strong, supportive atmosphere at home, detoxing at home can be beneficial. Many people prefer to remain where they are comfortable.
- Engaging in life: Detoxing outpatient allows you to go through the stresses of everyday life and learn how to manage them more effectively. It’s more challenging, but it can be successful.
- Continue to work: For those who want or need to work, outpatient detox may be flexible enough to allow for a person to continue to work. That can make getting treatment more accessible to some people.
- Medication support: To be effective, outpatient detox requires the use of medications for many people. This treatment can help to reduce the impact of withdrawal symptoms and cravings. You don’t have to feel them.
- No delays: You do not have to wait for a detox facility to be available. You can get the process started right away and start to heal from addiction sooner.
If you feel like outpatient detox could benefit your recovery, please reach out to our treatment center today.
What Happens in Outpatient Detox?
Drug detox takes time and work. Even living at home, you will need to come in to see your therapist for medications and therapy. Most people spend a reasonable amount of time working through their challenges in individual therapy. Group therapy is also a common component of this type of treatment. Therapy enables a person to work through the underlying cause of their addiction while also developing strategies for managing it.
Most people will come in for care on a routine basis. At first, this may be most days of the week for numerous hours each time. Over time, as people reach their goals, they may come in less frequently and may engage in their day-to-day life more so. How long this takes depends on many factors, primarily your overall well-being and ability to engage in treatment.
Learn More at Next Wind Recovery
The benefits of outpatient detox are numerous and well worth investing in for your recovery. Yet, you still have to commit to change. It would be best to have a safe, drug-free home to live in during this process. That may include having ample help throughout the process.
Our outpatient detox program at Next Wind Recovery is available to help you today. If you are ready to learn more, check out some of our programs and how they can work to meet your needs:
- Addiction treatment programs
- Outpatient detox services
- Intensive outpatient programs
- Mental health treatment programs
If you are thinking about the benefits of outpatient detox, get a first-hand experience of what to expect. Call Next Wind Recovery now. Talk to our dedicated team providing outpatient detox in New Jersey to see how well it can help you. Reach us at 201.331.6569 or online today.